Our children returned to school at the start of the autumn term 2020 and are enjoying their return to learning through our broad and balanced curriculum.
There may however be periods of time when your child can not attend school as usual. During these times we will deliver a curriculum for you to use to support them as they learn from home.
In setting learning for a home learning curriculum we aim to:
* ensure children receive clear explanations
* support their learning through scaffolded practice
* give opportunities to apply knowledge and skills
* give children feedback on how to make progress
What you need to know about home learning Learning during isolation or lockdown
click picture to see whole document click picture to see whole document
The survey you completed told us that you would prefer to use the Seesaw App alongside printed resources to access learning at home.
If your child has to isolate with their Bubble, or if there is a local lockdown, then you will receive two CGP resource books to use for mathematics and English work. Your child's teacher will also make other resources available to collect from the school office. All tasks will be set on Seesaw, but will be completed on paper or in these workbooks.
You can then simply 'SNAP' a picture of the work and 'Upload' to
It is important that your child remains physically active during their time at home. We understand that exercise may be difficult when stuck inside the house, so we have provided a series of videos of activities that can be done at home that are suitable for the whole family. These videos are presented by Primary School PE teachers and are linked to the Primary PE National Curriculum. You don’t need to be in PE kit and you don’t need sports equipment. All of the videos will use things that you can find around the home.
Please be aware that the videos provided link into YouTube, and children should be supervised whilst taking part.
Additional Activities for Home Learning
Please find below a list of useful websites and apps that we subscribe to as a school.
Your child will have logins for these websites and should be familiar with their use.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to login or need any support.
Floppy’s Phonics (EY & KS1)
Click on ‘My Class Login’ and enter the details your child has been given. This will open up access to our Floppy’s Phonics scheme as well as a range of online reading books.
App: Mathletics Students (downloadable free from App store)
A series of games and activities that will support your child’s learning.
Activities to support learning of spellings. Children should login using the same details as their Mathletics login.
Timestables Rockstars (KS2)
App: Times Tables Rockstars (downloadable free from App store)
Times tables related games to help embed knowledge of times tables.
Purple Mash (All Year Groups)
Additional games and activities to support all areas of the curriculum.
Our Curriculum Intent
At Carville Primary School we intend to implement an inspiring curriculum rooted in our shared vision and values.
Our curriculum will:
• Deliver the requirements of the statutory National Curriculum 2014
• Improve the life chances of pupils by placing wellbeing at the heart of everything we do
• Enrich learning through innovative practices tailored to the needs of our pupils
• Be dynamic and risk-taking in nature, responding to the changing individual needs of our pupils
• Be full, rich, broad and balanced
• Create deep levels of understanding and a curiosity for learning
• Enable pupils to become life-long learners
• Empower our pupils to thrive
• Harness the energy, commitment and resources of the Local Authority, North Tyneside Learning Trust, Wallsend Children’s Community and a range of local partners