At Carville Primary School we intend to implement an inspiring curriculum rooted in our shared vision and values.
Our curriculum will:
• Deliver the requirements of the statutory National Curriculum 2014
• Improve the life chances of pupils by placing wellbeing at the heart of everything we do
• Enrich learning through innovative practices tailored to the needs of our pupils
• Be dynamic and risk-taking in nature, responding to the changing individual needs of our pupils
• Be full, rich, broad and balanced
• Create deep levels of understanding and a curiosity for learning
• Enable pupils to become life-long learners
• Empower our pupils to thrive
• Harness the energy, commitment and resources of the Local Authority, North Tyneside Learning Trust, Wallsend Children’s Community and a range of local partners
The teaching of phonics follows the 'Letters and Sounds' programme https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/letters-and-sounds
The development of reading is supported by the use of the Oxford Reading Tree scheme of books. This is further supplemented by Read, Write, Inc. materials to develop specific phonics skills.
For more detailed information on our curriculum, please see the yearly overviews, speak to the class teacher or make an appointment with a middle or senior leader.